Buying a Home
The Anderson Associates Private Client Group: Traditionally, all Realtors, whether listing or selling, represented the seller. Realtors were the seller’s agent or sub-agent. However, the rules of Agency (who the Realtor represents and what their duties are) have been changing rapidly over the last few years. It is vital that you understand this change and that you know whether you are a customer or a client. The obligations the Realtor owes you will be significantly different depending on which you are. Our Private Client Group represents buyers exclusively as their agent.
Marketing & Selling Your Home
We can help you – increase the value of your home – sell it quickly – make the most money. Our design analysis is done by a professional interior designer who teaches “How to Increase your Home’s Value” for Greenwich Continuing Education. Our price estimates are professionally prepared. We are known for the innovation and quality of our marketing materials and advertisements.
- First, we will give your home a “design appraisal”. We will look at your home as a customer would view it, and we will list everything we think should be done that is economically justified to make your home look better before you put it on the market. If you wish to make any of the listed improvements, we can put you in contact with good resources. If it helps your home show better, we will loan accessories such as lamps, flowers or area carpets.
- Second, we will give you a current “market appraisal”. This professional appraisal, at no charge to you, will help you set the best price for your home.
- Third, to prevent any surprises that might jeopardize your closing in some situations, we recommend building, termite and radon inspections before the house is put on the market. If these inspections point up any problems, we will help you decide whether it is wiser to make the repair or market the house without it.
We will actively work at marketing your home.
- We create a market analysis to help you set the best price for your home.
- We browse home listings and keep you informed on current market activity and customer reaction.
- We pursue an aggressive marketing campaign appropriate to your home by using top-of-the-line tools and creative means.
- We provide a list of the best banks for mortgages to prospective buyers.
- We hold realtor open houses for the members of the MLS, (approximately 1,000 members) to enable all the Greenwich realtors to know your home and to bring customers.
- We use the latest technology to market your home, including Realtor.com, highest-quality brochures and text, impressive advertisements in the premier newspapers and much, much more.
- We are available to you and look forward to your suggestions at all times during the selling period.