The Anderson Associates Story
Our Mission is to be an innovative, cost effective, trustworthy facilitator of real estate transactions that delight both buyers and sellers. For a Real Estate company to flourish, its service, reliability and ethics must exceed clients’ expectations.
“Thank you all for your creative marketing and constant support during the selling of my home. You have been the guiding light throughout the process. I am recommending Anderson Associates to all of my friends.” – Elsie Bassett
There is a real house on North Street with such a pretty exterior that Carolyn Anderson’s cousin, Constance Edwards Scopelitis, in her imaginative and artistic way designed it into a dream tree house. Anderson Associates chose this drawing as the logo because they hope all of Anderson Associates’ transactions will fulfill their client’s dreams.
Jerry and I started the company. It was the natural outgrowth of our long-term real estate experiences and love of Greenwich. We moved to Greenwich in 1968. I continued my interior design work, redecorating homes as well as several restaurants. Soon Jerry, my father and I began purchasing homes that needed renovation. Our first home renovations were primarily cosmetic improvements. As we gained experience we did bigger, bolder projects – second floor additions and one 7,000 sq. ft. home from scratch. These experiences inspired us to share with others our real estate expertise and success.
In the 1980’s most of the Greenwich firms were independent. By the 1990’s they had been gobbled up by national franchises. Jerry and I decided there was a need for an independent firm specializing in Greenwich real estate. A firm with personal service. One that really knew and concentrated only on Greenwich. One that could help buyers and sellers use our knowledge to get the best from their real estate investments. With this goal, we opened Anderson Associates.
With the success of our firm, the major real estate franchises began to call—and continue to call—asking us to join them. The incentives they offer, for instance, technology and programs, are not even close to what we are already doing. Being leaders in technology is one of our joys. As an independent firm we can more easily structure our systems and technology to meet the needs of our clients. We are not constrained by layers of hierarchy or national service fees. Our offices are in Greenwich. Jerry and I are always available.
We like to embrace new ideas and apply them to the unique Greenwich market. In the marketing contest held by the Connecticut Association of Realtors, we won first place in three of the five marketing categories. We were named “Best Real Estate Firm” in Fairfield County by Inside Fairfield County. As authors of the popular “Anderson Guide to Enjoying Greenwich” and the “Anderson Guide to Volunteers,” we have a uniquely in-depth knowledge of Greenwich. We have been able to use this knowledge to target our marketing. Targeted marketing sells homes.
We realized early on we needed only full time Realtors who shared our values.
Consequently all our Associates live in and love Greenwich. They are all professionals, highly skilled and motivated to help people. Our selectivity is responsible for our strong reputation and our happy clients. Almost every day we open e-mails and discover messages from thankful clients. There is no better way to start a day!
“I am singing your praises in my heart constantly. Anderson Associates is a talented group of highly ethical professionals whose clients’ needs and desires remain their highest priority. With Anderson Associates you are not simply ‘house hunting’, you are engaged in a tremendously pleasant educational process that provides one with a well-rounded knowledge of the diverse, multifaceted community of Greenwich.” – Diane D’Angeli
164 Mason Street
Greenwich, CT 06830
fax: (203) 629-4786
FROM 95 (Southbound)
Exit 3: Arch Street. Right at end of ramp. Follow straight through 3 lights, bear right and continue straight up Arch Street. At intersection, follow straight across Greenwich Avenue. At first light, make a Left onto Mason Street. #164 will be on the Left, parking is in the back – Anderson Associates is on the lower level.
FROM 95 (Northbound)
Exit 3: Arch Street. Left at end of ramp. Follow straight through 3 lights (at this point, follow same directions from Southbound).
FROM Merritt Pkwy (Southbound)
Exit 31: North Street. Right at end of ramp. Stay straight on North Street for apx. 5-6 miles. At light, continue straight. At small intersection (with no light) turn Left onto North Maple. At light, turn Right onto the Post Road. At third light, turn Left on Mason Street. #164 will be on the Right, parking is in the back – Anderson Associates is on the lower level.
FROM Merritt Pkwy (Northbound)
Exit 31: North Street. Left at end of ramp. Stay straight on North Street (from this point, follow same directions as Southbound).
- Voted the Best Real Estate Firm in Fairfield County by Serendipity Magazine
- Winner of Three out of Five Marketing Awards
In a statewide contest held by the Connecticut Association of Realtors, Anderson Associates won Three out of Five First Place Marketing Awards.
- Voted Best Real Estate Agency in Fairfield County
- Anderson Associates was voted the number one Real Estate Agency in a readers choice survey held by Inside Fairfield County.
Why Choose Us
“My only regret is that we didn’t list with you in the first place.” – Duria Ward
We can help you – increase the value of your home – sell it quickly – make the most money. Our design analysis is done by a professional interior designer who teaches “How to Increase your Home’s Value” for Greenwich Continuing Education. Our price estimates are professionally prepared. We are known for the innovation and quality of our marketing materials and advertisements.
- First, we will give your home a “design appraisal”. We will look at your home as a customer would view it, and we will list everything we think should be done that is economically justified to make your home look better before you put it on the market. If you wish to make any of the listed improvements, we can put you in contact with good resources. If it helps your home show better, we will loan accessories such as lamps, flowers or area carpets.
- Second, we will give you a current “market appraisal”. This professional appraisal, at no charge to you, will help you set the best price for your home.
- Third, to prevent any surprises that might jeopardize your closing in some situations, we recommend building, termite and radon inspections before the house is put on the market. If these inspections point up any problems, we will help you decide whether it is wiser to make the repair or market the house without it.
We will actively work at marketing your home. Download our Marketing Your Home Booklet.
- We create a market analysis to help you set the best price for your home.
- We keep you informed on current market activity and customer reaction.
- We pursue an aggressive marketing campaign appropriate to your home by using top-of-the-line tools and creative means.
- We provide a list of the best banks for mortgages to prospective buyers.
- We hold realtor open houses for the members of the MLS, (approximately 1,000 members) to enable all the Greenwich realtors to know your home and to bring customers.
- We use the latest technology to market your home, including Realtor.com, highest-quality brochures and text, impressive advertisements in the premier newspapers and much, much more.
- We are available to you and look forward to your suggestions at all times during the selling period.
The Anderson Associates Private Client Group: Traditionally, all Realtors, whether listing or selling, represented the seller. Realtors were the seller’s agent or sub-agent. However, the rules of Agency (who the Realtor represents and what their duties are) have been changing rapidly over the last few years. It is vital that you understand this change and that you know whether you are a customer or a client. The obligations the Realtor owes you will be significantly different depending on which you are. Our Private Client Group represents buyers exclusively as their agent.
- You can expect us to be ethical, caring and honest. Integrity is perhaps the most important criteria to consider when selecting a Realtor. We take our mission and our Code of Ethics seriously. We care about our customers, our clients and our fellow Associates. Because of our integrity, we earn the trust of our customers and clients.“Anderson Associates is, from my view, a talented group of highly ethical professionals, whose clients’ needs and desires remain their highest priority.” – Andres Matos
- You can expect us to make buying your home a smooth and easy process.We are good listeners. We want to know your goals and needs. We want to know what special role you would like us to fulfill. When we know what you would like, we will prepare a plan and make it happen for you. We are enthusiastic about real estate and have excellent perseverance and follow-up ability.“I feel that the service you provided was above and beyond the call of duty, and the efforts that you made on my behalf significantly reduced the usual trauma associated with moving.” – Andrew Mack
- You can expect us to keep your confidences.Real Estate is a profession that involves people and their needs. We keep our clients’ information confidential.“Until I started working with Anderson Associates, I had no idea real estate agents could be so discrete and trustworthy. Thank you for being there when I needed you.” – Melanie Kershaw
- You can expect the company to be well organized and structured for your success.The company is directed by highly trained, professional managers, intimately involved in its operation. Because of this day-to-day involvement, we are not burdened with the corporate rules, politics or overhead imposed by large chains. Our policies and procedures are based on the best practices in the industry, adapted for the Greenwich market, and provide a firm framework for success.“I have recommended your firm to several acquaintances who received indifferent treatment from previous brokers. I told them how enthusiastic you are and how nice it has been to work with you.” – Joyce Henklein
- You can expect us to be experts on Greenwich residential real estate.We live in Greenwich, have gone to school in Greenwich, raised families in Greenwich and are active in community affairs. We know the Greenwich real estate market and the value of Greenwich homes. We know the nuances of the different neighborhoods within Greenwich. We know the school system, the town’s services, amenities, shopping and commuting. Ask about our popular Guide to Enjoying Greenwich, which is sold throughout the town. We love living in Greenwich and so do our customers.“You are not simply ‘house hunting’ with Anderson Associates, you are engaging in a tremendously pleasant educational process that provides one with a well-rounded knowledge of the diverse, multi-faceted community of Greenwich.” – Diane D’Angeli
- You can expect us to be experienced, well-trained real estate experts.As the world progresses rapidly, the real estate industry continues to become more complex. At Anderson Associates, continuing education is the key to staying current in all phases of real estate. We attend the local, state and national conferences on a regular basis. We teach adult continuing education classes on real estate. Whether the subject is Feng Shui or the latest buyer brokerage legislation, we know it. We realize that our expertise depends on our seeking out knowledge – which we gladly share.“Everything you told us was right. If it weren’t for you we wouldn’t have gotten what we were looking for.” – Linda Cloonan
- You can expect us to be technically astute. Each Associate uses a multi-media computer that is inter-connected through our office networks. We are electronically linked to Greenwich and Fairfield County real estate through the Greenwich Multiple Listing Service and the Consolidated Multiple Listing Service. We are connected to the world through our WEB site and Internet mail.“You must have the best technology in Greenwich. The minute a listing came on the market, you knew it. We always got to see houses first.” – Billie Chow
- You can expect us to be skilled negotiators.There is an art to negotiation that is built on a foundation of good communication skills, training and experience. We know how to be firm without being adversarial. We listen as much as we speak. We are good at negotiating and our expertise in this area brings excellent results.“Your artful negotiation delighted me and assured me that the best possible agreement was made.” – Jeanne Farrell
- You can expect us to provide superior service. We tailor our services to meet each person’s needs. Whether it’s taking care of a vacant home, helping newcomers quickly and happily integrate into the community or providing professional design help, we can and will help.
“You are true professionals who go far beyond the call of duty.” – Dr. & Mrs. Shibutani
Why Choose Us
“I must say, in this ever-increasingly difficult industry of ours it is a pleasure to work with a company such as yours. You have assembled a group of highly intelligent, professionals whose obvious concern for the needs of their people is indeed refreshing.” – Cindy McLaughlin”
I am writing to thank you for all of your hard work and assistance in selling our listing. Your professionalism and effort were evident and are appreciated by me and the seller. It was a pleasure working with you on this sale and I hope we will have the opportunity to work on others in the future.” – John Cooke
“I’m pleased to see that you have become one of the leading Brokers in Greenwich!!” – Phil Klein
What Our Clients Are Saying
I have recommended your firm to several acquaintances who received indifferent treatment from previous brokers. I told them how enthusiastic you are and how nice it has been to work with you.”
– Joyce Henklein
I would like to thank your organization for the help you have given me over the last few weeks in connection with my relocation to Greenwich. I feel that the service you provided was above and beyond the call of duty, and the efforts that you made on my behalf significantly reduced the usual trauma associated with moving.” – Andrew Mack
Just wanted to write you a quick note about how happy we are that we chose Anderson Associates to list our townhouse. Everything went so smoothly. From the beautiful ads to the great open houses, everything was done in a first class way. Even our dog Cleo thought so. Many people think selling their house is a royal pain. My guess is that those that think that way didn’t use Anderson Associates.”
– Addith Eicher and David Rashin
Thank you all for your creative marketing and constant support during the selling of my home. You have been the guiding light throughout the process. I am recommending Anderson Associates to all of my friends.”
– Kay Spiers
I am singing your praises in my heart constantly. Anderson Associates is a talented group of highly ethical professionals whose clients needs and desires remain their highest priority. With Anderson Associates you are not simply “house hunting” , you are engaged in a tremendously pleasant educational process that provides one with a well rounded knowledge of the diverse, multi-faceted community of Greenwich.”
– Dianne DiAngelis
Thank you for the roses you sent for our 12th anniversary in our home. They were such a wonderful sight when I came home. They represent so much more that a continued business relationship with Anderson Associates. They are evidence that we have become true friends with you.”
– Faith Toraby
Words can’t express how good your team was to help in getting our place ready. You have excelled in every dimension. You are wonderful. The team at Anderson, managed a process fraught with stress and great uncertainty to ensure a very positive experience with outstanding results.”
– John Richardson